Equality and Diversity
“Richard Whittington Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment”.
At Richard Whittington all members of our community feel welcome and valued, we promote inclusion and equality and we enable all to achieve their best in all areas of school life whatever their ability or need.
Our equality statement is guided by these core principles:
- All learners are equal
- We recognise and respect difference
- We foster positive attitudes, relationships and a shared sense of belonging
- We positively promote equality in staff recruitment, retention and development
- We take opportunities to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers
As a school we are committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Eliminating discrimination and harassment
- Valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships
- Providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential
- Meeting the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.